International Music Summit (IMS),the premier platform for business, culture and education today announces the industry experts that will discuss and debate the findings of the tenth edition of the IMS Business Report, authored by data analyst Kevin Watson. Considered a crucial resource in the electronic music industry, the report will provide detailed analysis of the last twelve months, including the impact of the global pandemic and the all-important value of the industry pre and post virus, which in 2019 stood at $7.2bn.
Immediately after a presentation of the findings of the report there will be a live discussion examining the statistics and figures and their implications for the industry today. Moderated by Katie Bain, Director of Billboard Dance, the analysis will feature commentary and insight from the following leading voices:
· Daouda Leonard, CEO at CREATESAFE,a virtual management and multiverse development company. With a decade of service in the entertainment industry, he has worked as a manager, publisher, producer, A&R and creative director for Grimes, DJ Snake, Skrillex, BloodPop® and more.
· Dipesh Parmer, President of Ministry Of Sound Recordings. His current roster of artists includes the likes of DJ Fresh, Sigala, RCA signed and international star Doja Cat as well as BRIT-nominated/ Ivor Novello winning group London Grammar. His recent signings include Maceo Plex, Skream, KH (Fourtet), Paul Woolford and Regard.
· Jaguar, Broadcaster, Tastemakerand host of BBC Introducing Dance Sundays on BBC Radio 1. With a supercharged backlog of award-winning radio shows, electrifying mixes and the sharpest eye for cutting edge new music, Jaguar is one of the most impressive and exciting new DJs to break out on the scene.
· Maria May,Global Music Agentat Creative Artists Agency.Her roots in dance and electronic music run deep, with 25 years under her belt she has played a crucial part in the careers of many of the industry’s best-known talents including David Guetta, Black Eyed Peas, The Chainsmokers and many more.
· Patrick Moxey, President and Founder of Ultra Records, Ultra Music and Ultra International Music Publishing. A visionary pioneer and executive producer of three GRAMMY award-winning records, who has pushed past barriers to bring electronic music into the mainstream heart of America.
The report will include findings on artist income, festival and club cancellations, growth markets, DSP’s, streaming and associated revenue and how electronic music is competing with other genres. It will also examine the impact of the current pandemic and reveal how the electronic music industry has reacted to this turbulent year.
Participants of the interactive webinar will be able to engage with the assembled panel of experts, ask questions, provide opinions and vote in polls. Webinar places are limited and will be filled on a first come first served basis, to join the conversation click here. The presentation and debate will also be lived streamed on IMS and Billboard Dance Facebook pages for those unsuccessful with registering for a webinar place.
THE IMS BUSINESS REPORT 2020 IN PARTNERSHIP WITH BILLBOARD DANCE TO BE PRESENTED VIA LIVE WEBINAR ON JULY 16 AT 17.00 BST.
DATE: Thursday 16 July
TIME: 17.00 BST / 18.00 CEST / 12.00 EDT / 09.00 PDT
LINK TO REGISTER: Click here