Whet Travel, the leader in independent music cruise experiences, prepares for one of their largest Groove Cruise Virtual Sail Aways Live streaming events to date. The weekend of Sept. 25-27 will see 30+ live performances from worldwide headliners such as Tritonal, Autograf, Jorn Van Deynhoven, Mark Sixma, Solarstone, and more. Thanks to their super-tech hub based in FL, the 3-day massive is able to host these acts from all over the world; alongside adding live mixed visuals atop of the artists. The Groove Cruise Night Swim After Hours series will also be taking place, which are renowned for their 24+ hour sessions feat. costume changes, pizza deliveries, and more. Viewers will be able to donate for rewards on the Groove Cruise Twitch to help both artists performing and the Whet Foundation; also known as Whet Travel’s 501c3 nonprofit that focuses on giving back to those facing hardships and creates exciting experiences for underprivileged children in South Florida, the Caribbean and Mexico.
The floating-festival-gone-virtual will kick off on Friday, September 25, 2020, and the weekend will host all live performances; plus donation incentives like exclusive Groove Cruise merchandise, Artist Activities, and backstage experiences aboard their upcoming Miami sailing this Jan 7-11, 2021! Their previous Sail Aways hit an all time high with just over 640,000 live viewers – totaling up to 6.19 million total minutes watched on the GC twitch, their main streaming platform . As a top tier twitch partner, Groove Cruise was featured on the Twitch frontpage throughout the weekend; plus saw organic support from Amazon Music and was a trending fundraiser on Tiltify. It’s obvious to see that the GC Captains, also known as those who make up their community, are always excited to dance all weekend long with their favorite music cruise. The Whet Travel team has expressed nothing, but positivity towards continuing to give their vast music community a fun weekend and support within these hard times.This online music festival will also feature Whet Travel’s interactive WhetZoom video chat room for viewers to watch, dance, and donate together, simulating an in person Groove Cruise sailing. Up to 500 #GCFAM are able to video chat, dance, andenjoy on the platform. This feature is special because it gives viewers a truly human connection and an essential interaction alongside the show. The WhetZoom screen window will be featured during the livestream so everyone watching will be able to see the charity celebration.
Features of the Groove Cruise Virtual Sail Aways end of summer weekend live stream event in benefit to the performing artists and Whet Foundation include:
- WHO: Anyone interested in donating to help support the incredible talent performing or the Whet Foundation will be able to during the stream for rewards and prizes such as GC merchandise, Artist Activities, and backstage experiences during their next Miami sailing Jan 7-11, 2021.
- WHAT: This live stream event will feature artists from all over the world, performing from locations such as the United Kingdom, The Netherlands, Poland, Miami, Las Vegas, Los Angeles, San Francisco, and more; plus live visuals will be added to simulate a real in-person show. The Whet Foundation is a 501c3 that was started 8 years ago and all donations are tax deductible.
- WHERE: The Groove Cruise Twitch will be the main hub and where donations will be collected. It will also go live on Groove Cruise Facebook, Youtube, Zoom and Instagram pages, and we will also go live on artist, media and partner pages, such as EVR Worldwide, to generate more exposure and donations.
- WHEN: September 25-27, 2020 for approximately 9 hours per day.
- WHY: What’s important during this time is supporting the people who make up our diverse community; giving back to both the artists who represent Groove Cruise, the Captains who make up our Groove Cruise Family, and to those underprivileged who we are able to extend a hand to is the only thing that makes sense for us during the pandemic and aboard our music cruise experiences.
- HOW: Our tech team has been online streaming collectively for over 20 years and will be having all streams from artist homes going into their mega-center in Florida with added live visuals and then out to the world across all Groove Cruise, artist, and media channels.